[CentOS] problem with firefox

Dan likuidkewl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:55:44 UTC 2008

I installed Firefox 2.0.0.x in an effort to stop this problem, but it
still happens just not as frequently.  I have heard it doesn't happen
in Firefox 3, along with a few other annoying traits that have
developed in the Firefox line.  I have tried Opera on the machine that
Firefox was crashing on and it seemed to help at first but then it got
progressively slower to the point of being unusable.  There is a
discussion in this list recently of the same type issues with
Seamonkey.

On Jan 18, 2008 6:41 AM, Scott Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Niki Kovacs wrote:
>
> > Jimmy Bradley a écrit :
> >>        Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed a problem that has
> >> developed with firefox? This started on both of my machines after the
> >> newest updates. I'll be at a website, even the mozilla website, and when
> >> I click on a link to go to another part of the site or to download a
> >> file, Firefox will just simply close. It's random for the most part, but
> >> it happened quite often at the sourceforge.net website too. I'm not
> >> having this problem with Seamonkey.
> >
> > I'll second this. Firefox seems to crash all the time now. I'll try to
> > perform a harmless action like log in to my webmail or post a message in a
> > forum, and woosh, it's gone. This is beginning to be a bit unnerving.
> >
> > One question, by the way: how did you install Seamonkey? Did you install the
> > tarball from mozilla.org?
>
> Firefox is a very popular cross-platform browser.
>
> What are people's thoughts of Opera, which is in the same category?
>
> Scott
>

> > Niki

Dan Maranville