[CentOS] How can i share my WAN ip to my LAN?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Jan 22 14:17:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 14:49 +0100, Alain Spineux wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 8:46 AM, Tolun ARDAHANLI <tolun.ardahanli at linux.org.tr> wrote:
> > Hi everybody...
> >
> > How can I share my WAN ip to my LAN? How can I do that I really dont
> > know...:( I am using linux long time ago but this kind I would like to do
> > newly...
>
> Buy a small router/modem, ask your ISP for suggestions.
> This is cheap (<100$), no need to keep your computer always turned on,
> very easy to configure
> if you nead more features (port forwarding for skype, games, p2p, ....),
> have some builtint feature (dhcp, DNS proxy). Also think about wireless ......
> This is probably more secure, not because centos/linux is not,
> but because you dont know what you are doing.
>
> Of course this is less fun

Well, I wasn't going to suggest, but since the topic of alternatives is
open...

If you have an older available computer laying around, check out IPCop

    http://www.ipcop.org/

free, has lots of features, runs reliably, I've been on it for years, as
have others on this list. Biggest gripe I have is docs could be a little
better - they tend to not get updated to stay up with the software.

> Regards.
>

> > Can anybody help me about IP sharing in Centos?
> >
> > thanks alot...
> >

> > --
> > Tolun ARDAHANLI
> > Bilgisayar Muhendisi