[CentOS] Re: Worth upgrading desktop to 5.1?

Bobby bobby at d4business.com
Wed Jan 23 20:08:36 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 January 2008 14:43:17 Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:29:52PM -0600, Sean Carolan alleged:
> > When I have some time to re-compile VMWare server modules, my graphics
> > driver, vpn client and wifi driver I may consider updating.  If in the
>
> If this is a problem, then you are doing it wrong.
>
> Either use one of the existing solutions like dkms or weak-modules, or just
> put the necessary commands in a file and run it.

I'd find it odd that you would need to recompile your vpn client and wifi (not
that I ever used or installed wifi.) nVidia -- yes, but that is soo smooth
with dkms it's invisible these days.

VMWare does a simple rebuild to stay current and that's that. Without
remembering the details and look it up each time I'm done inside 5 minutes.

--

Bobby