[CentOS] How can i share my WAN ip to my LAN?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 04:42:35 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 9:43 AM, Tolun ARDAHANLI <tolun.ardahanli at linux.org.tr> wrote:
> Hi again to everyone;
>
> Guys your mails are very nice... i liked all of them...
>
> let me give you about my system and my need(sorry for writing these late)...
>
> I've got an IBM x3650 server which is open 7d/24h. It has got 2 ethernet
> card. I would like to connect my LAN to WAN over this machine...
>
> LAN(there are 3machines):
> start ip:192.168.10.10
> end ip: 192.168.10.12
> gateway address of users:192.168.10.13(my server's LAN side ip address)
> LAN side Server ip: 192.168.10.13
>
> WAN(this ip comes from behind of swicth. the switch is behind of firewall
> and firewall is behind of router):
> WAN side Server ip: 10.10.1.223
> gateway address of Server:10.10.1.111
>
> this is my network chances...:( i cant change them cause our company has
> strong rules for these addresses... I want to share my WAN side ip address
> to my LAN side...
>
> How can I do that on my CENTos installed server?
>
> thanks a lot to everybody...

The short way, supposing your wan is secure and your wan interface is eth1:

Disable any firewall rules on your centos,

service iptables stop
chkconfig iptables off

try these commands, and if this is working put them in your /etc/init.d/rc.local

# enable forwarding of packet between all interfaces
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
# config masquerading, any packet leaving eth1 will be masqueraded,
taking eth1 address for source address.

Regards.

> 2008/1/22, Dennis McLeod <dmcleod at foranyauto.com >:
>
> > I have an IPcop box setup at work. Using squidguard to keep customers from
> > surfing porn while they are in our waiting room. (On a completely separate
> > DSL connection..)
> >
> > I have an Astaro Security Gateway setup at home (on a Dell p3 precision
> > 220). Free home license, do FAR more than your typical broadband router.
> Not
> > a small learning curve, though. Wireless is through a D-link DWL-7100(I
> > think) access point in the attic.
> > I have a Linksys wrt54g (original version) with openWRT, but it's just
> there
> > for backup.....
> >
> > Any of the above will accomplish your goal...

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you