[CentOS] Could not connect to host box.domain.tld

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 25 15:27:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 16:09 +0100, mouss wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> >> Come on. is it holy war time again? should I shoot over cyrus software
> >> now or should we keep this list clean? If you like cryus software, I am
> >> happy for you. If you've done a an serious/objective comparative study,
> >> put it a on a web page (and ask for comments). Debating this here is not
> >> constructive nor fair.
> >>
> > ----
> > why is it not constructive?
>
> because expereience shows that such debates should be conducted offlist,
> quietly and with arguments. Otherwise, proponents of each side jump on
> the wagon at every opportunity to reply to what they feel is an attack
> against their "baby". you know the story, so I won't annoy you by
> repeating it.
>
> anyway, for it to be constructive, it should start on the right track.
> calling dovecot featureless and listing features that are actually
> supported by dovecot isn't a good start :)
----
probably not, but it seemed fair once I got into cyrus-imapd and saw all
of the bonus options that I never had in uw-imapd. I suppose that
dovecot has virtual user features (without maildir) and LDAP support and
you could probably shell script some of the other stuff to get around
the lack of built-in support.
----
> > Aren't dovecot and cyrus-imapd the only
> > pop3/imap servers bundled with CentOS? Would not users of CentOS benefit
> > from the discussion?
> >

> courier is another choice.
----
courier isn't included in upstream or CentOS

Craig