[CentOS] System drops off network after a few minutes

Fri Jan 4 05:07:35 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> I have an Intel SE7525RP2 motherboard with a Yukon Marvel (82541GB
> controller) NIC in it. After installing CentOS 5.1 it functions fine
> for some minutes then looses network connectivity. By coincidence, I
> was using the system to clean some HD’s for another and had booted off
> Knoppix and noticed it never exhibited this behavior, the network
> remained functional even overnight when I returned to the system?
>
> I looked through messages and didn’t see anything NIC/network related,
> can anyone suggest something to check?

if it literally drops in a few minutes, run wireshark and leave it
capturing all traffic on the LAN interface until it craps. then stop the
capture, and look at the last set of packets.