[CentOS] PCI Wireless ethernet cards supportted under centOS 3.9 ?

Tue Jan 15 02:00:38 UTC 2008
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Somebody can points me where I can found a list with supported pci
> wireless cards under centos 3.x ?? These pci wireless cards need to
> support a/b/g and n protocols...
>
> Many thanks.
It's not FOSS but the atheros chip does a/b/g and is supported by madwifi.
Not very many cards do a, atheros chipset I believe is one of the few
that does that is commonly available.

I don't know which implementations do a and which don't, you might be
able to find out on the madwifi website.

It is external to the kernel so you'll have to compile it yourself.