[CentOS] Message size rejected

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 21:06:55 UTC 2008

My daughter needs to send me a large file.  It appears that it is getting
through my ISP, but being rejected on my CentOS mail server.  The message
she's getting says

anne at localhost
  SMTP error: 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit
Reporting-MTA: dns; borg2.lydgate.lan

I presume that this is a configurable limit, but I'm not sure where to look.
Since it says MTA I'm thinking that it's probably postfix.  Can someone
please tell me what parameter I'm looking for?  Thanks

I have reams of documentation printed out.  I'll start wading through that
tomorrow, but time is of the essence with this one.

Anne