[CentOS] pm-utils - ATrpms updates a system package on the stable branch

Kenneth Burgener

kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Mon Jul 7 19:45:32 UTC 2008

I performed a clean minimal CentOS 5.2 install, fully updated the
system, and then added the ATrpms repository.  When I perform an update
after adding the ATrpms repository, the package pm-utils is updated the
the ATrpms repository.  My understanding is there should not have been
any updates as the stable version does not update system packages, right?

"The CentOS 5/RHEL 5 repository from atrpms.net is safe to use, if you
only use the stable version. Packages in there do not overwrite system
packages." [1]

If this is true, why did this package get updated?

Thanks,
Kenneth

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/