[CentOS] NOW: Firefox 3.0 and GNOME crash when trying to view SME Server documentation WAS: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Johnny Hughes jhughes at hughesjr.com
Wed Jul 9 10:56:43 UTC 2008

<snip>

OK, I can verify that for me (CentOS-5.2 updated,
Firefox-3.0-2.el5.centos) this link:

http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation:Administration_Manual:Booklet

Causes X to crash.

>> I can replicate it every time I try with Firefox under CentOS 5, but it
>> works fine with Konqueror.  An EeePC and a laptop running Ubuntu don't
>> have any problems accessing this page with Firefox.

<snip>

These are the relevant log entries (I think)

> Jul  8 21:17:06 dell2400 gconfd (lanny-3906): Received signal 15,
> shutting down cleanly
> Jul  8 21:17:06 dell2400 gconfd (lanny-3906): Exiting

Can some on with RHEL-5.2 try that link and see if it causes a similar
issue in RHEL-5?