[CentOS] Re: pear

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jul 16 17:03:27 UTC 2008

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
>> It is exactly the same and for the same reasons.
>>
>> If you need something, look in DAG or EPEL or ATRPMS and if it is not
>> there, I would build it if I were you.
>>

> I think so, then I do not see the point of providing centosplus
> php-pear-MDB2 without having DB driver packages.

The point is that it's required for some dependency in that repo, and
the other thing you asked about was not required.

We are not trying to replace DAG or EPEL in centosplus or centos-extras
... so the only things that are in there are things that are absolutely
required for repo closure if the repo itself.

In this particular case:

[root at builder4 ~]# repoquery --repoid=centosplus --repoid=extras
--repoid=base --repoid=updates --whatrequires  "php-pear(MDB2)"

php-pear-Log-0:1.9.9-1.el4.centos.noarch

So, we needed php-pear-MDB2 to be able to use php-pear-Log ... and that
is required by 2 other packages in the Plus repo, so that is why its there.