[CentOS] CentOS-Samba question

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:40:25 UTC 2008

I just found something interesting.  I brought up my XP guest, and it
had no trouble at all connecting to the shares, but it couldn't open
the workgroup at all and the printer had become disconnected.  I could
not reconnect through the workgroup (duh), but if I just input the
network name, the printer came up just fine.

So:

I can connect to my shares from the XP guest, and I can connect to my
printer from the XP guest, I just can't open the workgroup (this is
relatively new, like, since I began messing with the smb.conf file in
the last two weeks).

Don't know exactly what that means, but I haven't given up yet.
Tomorrow I'll dig in more on the remote machine and see where that all
takes me.

Any helpful suggestions still welcome....  :-)

mhr