[CentOS] RE: Largish filesystems [was Re: XFS install issue]

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Jun 2 19:17:25 UTC 2008

Bent Terp wrote:
> Lustre?

there's also the commercial IBrix Fusion distributed file system.   I've
only seen demos and done a paper eval for a project that never
materialized, it looked very interesting, but our requirements shifted,
so we never got past the initial research stage...   Its designed for
very high performance filesystems, you dedicate some number of servers
to manage the filesystem, then your applications talk to that cluster.
It can work with both shared SAN attached storage, and per node direct
attached storage, distributing the metadata management workload as well
as the IO processing workload across the cluster, while maintaining full
redundancy.