[CentOS] slightly OT - gphpedit on CentOS 5?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:18:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Advance apologies for being slightly OT.
>
> Has anyone had successes with installing gphpedit on CentOS 5?  There don't
> seem to be any rpms avail for our distro and I'm far too new to roll my own.
>
> Thanks in advance (off - list replies are welcome if that's more
> appropriate)

You might try RPMs for Fedora Core 7 (not a perfect match, but maybe
close enough):
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/gphpedit-0.9.91-3.fc6.i386.rpm

Otherwise, try building the RPM yourself, it's not that hard.

Basically, create a file named ~/.rpmmacros with this content:

%_topdir %(eval echo "$HOME")/rpm

Then create the directories:

$ mkdir -p ~/rpm/{BUILD,RPMS/`uname -m`,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}

Then:

$ rpmbuild --rebuild packagename.src.rpm

In that case, try building the package for Fedora Core 9:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/gphpedit-0.9.91-4.fc9.src.rpm

HTH,
Filipe