[CentOS] 5.1 Anaconda Install Error

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Jun 4 02:30:57 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> I'm unable to install x86_64 on a host. The installer gets through the first
>> part, asking for install type and it begins loading the images from whatever
>> media was selected.
>>
>> Then anaconda spills a series of cryptic messages ending in 'file not found'
>> and the console on F2 is locked up. I've tried this with physical DVD media,
>> PXE-HTTP and media-boot HTTP install. It happens every time.
>>
>> This is a reinstall to this host. The weird thing is that I was able to
>> install to this host from this media previously.
>>
>> I've seen the note at bugs.centos.org regarding an incorrect .discinfo file
>> but that doesn't seem to be it. The .diskinfo file:
>>
>> 1195929648.203590
>> Final
>> x86_64
>> 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
>> CentOS/base
>> /home/buildcentos/CENTOS/5.1/en/x86_64/CentOS
>> CentOS/pixmaps
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
>>

> A little more detail, like what kind of hardware this is on, might help....
>
> mhr

Sure. It's a Asus DSEB-DG motherboard with dual Xeon E5440 CPUS. 8 GB RAM. All
the storage is via a 3Ware 9650SE RAID controller.

I didn't provide the details because it was strange that the installation
failed at the same point regardless of the booting method I used. It felt like
some basic mistake or mis-setting in the OS. But hey, I've been wrong before.

I'm in the process of downloading a whole new DVD image even though the
current image passes the SHA1 checksums.

Kirk Bocek