[CentOS] Re: I need hardware advice here

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Wed Jun 4 15:27:49 UTC 2008

I had a similar issue when trying our Fedora 9 on my NEW Gigabyte mboard.
It would install, but not boot.
Turned out Grub was writing it as /dev/hda during install, but on reboot, it
was /dev/sda.
I fixed it by boot of the F9 dvd, into rescue mode, chrooting, and
re-running grub install and specified sda.
Perhaps this is your issue. (I haven't followed the whole thread...)
Seems to be happening on just very recent motherboards, based on the little
bit of Googling I did.
http://www.groupsrv.com/linux/post-866681.html
HTH,
Dennis