[CentOS] 3Ware 9690SA

Ruslan Sivak russ at vshift.com
Fri Jun 6 16:58:20 UTC 2008

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com> wrote:
>
>> I successfully installed CentOS on 3ware 9650SE controller.  Due to some
>> issues with compatibility with my motherboard, I replaced it with a 9690SA.
>> Now the system won't boot (although interestingly enough, it find the boot
>> menu fine, just won't boot past a certain point in the bootup phase.
>>
>> I thought I would reinstall, but anaconda doesn't find the raid array.
>> 3ware does have drivers on their site, but I'm not too sure how to get them
>> on my system?
>>

> That controller requires a newer version of the 3ware driver. I'm
> pretty sure the 5.2 will have that driver. So if you can wait a bit
> longer...
>
> Regards,
> Tim

For production use, I can, but currently we are testing these servers,
and I would like to get them up and running.  Is there a way to load a
driver on an already running system, or load it for anaconda?  Something
similar to F6 in windows?

Or do I need to go to the console and install it manually?

Russ