[CentOS] Samba AD valid users issue

mslist at opcenter.net

Fri Jun 6 21:26:48 UTC 2008

I have setup a new server centos 5.1 server as a storage
server with over 7TB of storage. The server has been
integrated into a large Active Directory network there are
5 primary AD servers and a large number of local AD server
at each location (over 20). There are also over 15 trusted
domains hundreds of groups and thousands of users. It has
been quite a challenge to integrate the Linux server with
Samba into this incitement. I am now at a point where I
can change user and group ownership of filed and folders
at AD users and connect to the server with a windows
client.

There are also issues with Samba not starting on bootup
(yes the service is set to start at level 3 – system
starts non GUI). And it seems to take quite a while for
system to recognize domain users on startup.

The [TEST] share works with out issue.
The [TEST-ENG] share is not working no matter what I do.

The issue that I am having is that most of the groups have
a ‘@’ at the beginning.
Ie: @DIV-Engineering
This conflicts with the Samba “valid users = “ directive
in the smb.conf.

	 I have been able to change the group ownership to
“@DIV-Engineering” in the file-system without any issues.

Is there any way to do this?

[global]
         workgroup = XXX
         realm = XXX
         server string = Samba Server Version %v
         security = ADS
         auth methods = guest, sam, winbind
         obey pam restrictions = Yes
         password server = nycbcc01.xxx.ad.xxx.net
#       winbind separator = \\
#       passdb backend = tdbsam
         wins server = 192.20.76.98
         ldap ssl = no