[CentOS] Re: 3Ware 9690SA

Ruslan Sivak russ at vshift.com
Fri Jun 6 22:16:32 UTC 2008

Scott Silva wrote:

>> The ones on their standard download page are not compatible with Xen
>> kernels according to the release notes.  The ones to be used for Xen
>> kernels on x64 is this one:
>> http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=15257
>>
>> That only has a zip file, not an image file.
>>
>> Russ
> http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=15257 is the files that go on
> a driver disk. I just dl'd it and opened it.
> I know there is a way to use a driver disk from other media, but I
> can't find it, and I'm sure someone on list will remember how.

Yes these are the files I was using.  It wouldn't let me install with
these files on a usb drive or a cdrom, but it worked fine when I put
them on a floppy.  I then did an upgrade install of CentOS, and was able
to boot into the system.

The only issue now seems to be that I still can't boot the xen kernel
with it.  I tried manually copying the 3w-9xxx.ko from
/lib/modules/2.6.18-53.el5/updates to
/lib/modules/2.6.18-53.1.21.el5xen/updates, but that didn't seem to help.

Do I need to mkinitrd or something?

Russ