[CentOS] Hardening CentOS by removing "hacker" tools

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Mon Jun 9 12:59:28 UTC 2008

Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Jim Wildman <jim at rossberry.com> wrote:
>
>> Better, google for "tiny centos" and build a new box with the minimum on it.
>>

> Hmmm, that looks exactly like what I'm looking for! I'm actually
> trying to find someone who has already done the tough work and could
> give me some tips on what to expect on that path. I'll see what Google
> has to offer and if I find something useful I'll post it here.
>
> Thanks!
> Filipe

Applying apf (http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php) as a front end for
iptables enables a sweet setup for RAB (Reactive Address Blocking).
I liked it a lot starting back when I was using  FC1...I know the
project is still around and I have it running on my CentOS5.1 box as
well.  There's no rpm of which I'm aware, but it's a simple install.
Makes iptables very easy to manage.

YMMV,
-R