[CentOS] sendmail not sending after reboot

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jun 9 16:59:59 UTC 2008

Ray Leventhal wrote on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:42:27 -0400:

> Do you think it's wise to replace the sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc files
> from the snapshot (after backing them up, of course)?

If you did not change the files: no. As I said: go thru a manual send and
check *where* the timeout occurs (better: repeat it a few times to be sure
it's always in the same phase). The messages in the logs are not very
clear about this. If your users have to authenticate before sending this
could be a typical point-of-failure where after the reboot the
authentication against an external mechanism is somehow hampered. I guess,
you do have any spam protection on the machine as you said it's not taking
external mail?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany