[CentOS] sendmail not sending after reboot

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jun 10 09:31:20 UTC 2008

Ray Leventhal wrote on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:02:43 -0400:

> I made that change
> you suggested in the webmin interface (sendmail.m4) and rebuilt it from
> there.

You can m4 rebuild the sendmail.cf from the sendmail section in webmin? I
wouldn't be to sure about that. I haven't ever noticed that might be
possible (I use webmin only to manage the various sendmail databases, not
the configuration). Do you have sendmail-devel installed?
Removing the localhost from daemon options won't change anything. It was
working before, just with a timeout (which means the settings from this
file were not in use!), so sendmail *is* listening on all interfaces
already. Now, by recompiling the sendmail.cf from m4/mc files (if that
really was done) that you may have never used before you might have
introduced more problems.
If your sendmail.cf did not change a tiny bit from before the working
state then the problem is *not* in sendmail.cf, but somewhere else. And
Stephen's hints to DNS and the connection to rebooting make sense to me.
Anyway, it cannot be sendmail.cf unless you changed it and didn't restart
it after the change. (If you made all changes with webmin then it got
restarted each time.)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany