[CentOS] Re: yum upgrade 4.3 -> current ?

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Wed Jun 11 06:10:16 UTC 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 6:40 PM, Scott Silva wrote:

> python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.1.x86_64

ding ding ding!

Scott Silva wins a Prize!

That was the last key piece.

William Maltby and Matt Hyclak pointed out the first vital bits of
updating yum, sqlite and and then limiting the repos that the system
banged on.

Johnny (HappyFunBall) Hughes and Karanbir Singh noted that metadata-
parser would need upgrading as well. [Many thanks for the hard work
they do on CentOS!]

So, to summarize:

Download the latest RPMS for:

yum
yum-metadata-parser
sqlite
python
python-sqlite

You will have to manually satisfy any additional dependencies.

Once done, I was able to "yum -y update" to my heart's content.

--Chris