[CentOS] Could this be an advantage of CentOS over the PNAELV distribution?

Luigi Perroti

luigi.perroti at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:07:37 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I understand that when releasing updates the CentOS team strips logos
and such things from the upstream sources.
If I'm not mistaken there is also a certain QA process going on before
the actual releases, at least for major updates like the upcoming 5.2
version.

Does this happen also for security updates?

Since I don't mind the small delay from the upstream releases I was
wondering if the additional QA process could actually be an advantage
over the PNAELV distribution.
This could be even more true if the QA isn't only related to CentOS
specific changes but it's done even for practically untouched updates.

Is this assumption correct?

Thanks for reading,
Luigi