[Fwd: Re: [CentOS] School Server Setup]

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:49:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> For trees my favourite color is green, while for fire engines it is red.
>
> This is something you don't have to back up with some arguments, as a
> non-green tree (at least from spring to fall) doesn't look that healthy
> and who has ever heard of a yellow fire engine?

Well, actually, there was an experiment out here in the wild woolly
west of California where, for a year or so, new (?) fire engines were,
in fact, painted yellow.  It was a kind of dull yellow, not as bright
as a school bus, but my family always used to joke about the school
buses with sirens.  I haven't seen any in a while, although there are
some white ones, too.

Aside from the obvious deficiency, yellow has this unusual quality of
being invisible under certain types of low power street lamps....

I guess some people just don't see red that well?

mhr