[CentOS] LDAP syncrepl incompatibility between CentOS 4.x and 5.x

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Wed Jun 11 22:08:05 UTC 2008

nate wrote:
> Brett Serkez wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else seen this issue?  Is anyone aware of a fix in the
> > pipeline or a work around?
>
> Compile the source rpm from centos 5.x on a 4.x system and upgrade the
> 4.x systems to it ? (short of upgrading the entire OS to 5.x if you
> don't want to do that it can be a major change depending on your
> environment)

I tried to do that, as I wanted to have LDAP overlays (hey, anyone who
wants to test those on CentOS 5 - there are packages in the testing
repository).

And I found out that you don't want to do that. There are too many
packages which are built against openldap, you'd end up rebuilding a
rather large part of the distribution.

Ralph