[CentOS] Centos 5.2 and Xen

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:46:33 UTC 2008

> Ned: I was very interested to read that you've run VMWare Server on
> systems with only 512 MB of RAM.   I haven't tried it, because the box
> I can use only has 512 MB of RAM.
>
> My impression is that Xen is much more demanding about HW.  Lanny

I was told that for any kind of performance, at least 1G of memory per
VM plus 1G for the host was "a good idea."  that was why I originally
upgraded mine to 2G (well, that and I *really* wanted a better CPU,
and this was a great excuse).  That might have been for VMWare
Workstation (not free, but I had it at work) not VMWare Server (which
I use at home).

When I had 2G, I only allowed my VM WXP guest to use 768M, but I upped
that to 1G when I replaced my 2G with 4G.  I also have a CentOS 5.?
guest on the same box, but I've never actually tried running them both
at the same time.

HTH.

mhr