[CentOS] Fwd: RHEL5 network throughput/scalability

Walid walid.shaari at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:48:37 UTC 2008

Hi Bent,

Have you tried the latest bz321111 kernel from Johnny?
> <http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/>
>
> I have kind of lost faith in RH kernels as far as NFS performance is
> concerned - and yes, I know that the bz321111 issue is supposedly
> solved in 5.2 but until we can positively confirm that ourselves I
> ain't letting it near our production servers

Yes I did, however now that you mention it, when i did first time i had two
issues one of performance that  i am  not getting the required  performance
in terms of bandwidth, and by applying the standard  RHEL4  kernel network
parameters that did fix it, now i am left with that scalability issue

regards

Walid