[CentOS] mdadm on reboot

Theo Band [GreenPeak] theo.band at greenpeak.com
Mon Jun 16 06:20:14 UTC 2008

drew einhorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of trying mdadm for the first time
>
> I've been trying stuff out of tutorials, etc.
>
> At this point I know how to create stripes, and mirrors.
>
> My stripe is automatically restarting on reboot,
> but the degraded mirror isn't.
Did you create  /etc/mdadm.conf ?

echo "DEVICE /dev/sd*" > /etc/mdadm.conf
mdadm --brief --examine /dev/sd* >> /etc/mdadm.conf

Check the raid with
cat /proc/mdstat

It tells you which devices are part of the array.

Finally put the raid flag on the partitions. I'm not sure whether it's
really needed, I just do it:
parted /dev/sda
set 1 raid
set 2 raid
print
1          0.031    101.975  primary   ext3        boot, raid
2        101.975 194474.355  primary               raid
quit

Theo