[CentOS] ClamAV help needed

John Plemons john at mavin.com
Tue Jun 17 13:52:30 UTC 2008

Not to move anyone to another package, but to offer another route if you
want to consider it.

An option other than ClamAV is AVG, it works well, and is easy to install.

Grisoft has a Linux version of their AVG Virus Software
The free version can be downloaded here

ftp://ftp.grisoft.cz/pub/softw/70free/setup/

They have a complete line of Anti-Virus Software for both the MS and
Linux worlds, I have used both version for years an like it much more
than Symantic ( Norton ) - McAfee etc..  It doesn't wind it's way down
into the heart of the OS, it is very stable and in my mind one of the
best Anti Virus packages out.  If you prefer a paid version, theirs is a
very cost effective product with flavors to suit all applications and sizes.

More information can be had at http://www.grisoft.com  if looking for a
one off copy of a basic AV for your Windows machine, then
http://free.grisoft.com  The free versions don't include all of the
bells and whistles but work very well, run and update automatically.

john plemons