[CentOS] mod perl query

fabian dacunha fabian at baladia.gov.kw
Wed Jun 18 10:35:06 UTC 2008

> fabian dacunha wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have recently installed centos 5 and working fine
>>
>> now i have a query with apache
>>
>> 1) does apache gets installed with mod perl with the defult install of
>> centos 5
>>
>> cause when i start up apache there is no mention of mod perl
>>

>> also
>> httpd -l | egrep mod_perl
>>
>> prints nothing
>>
>> if mod perl is not install with installation of Centos how could i
>> install
>> apache with mod perl support
>>
>> apprecite your help
>>
>> regards
>>
>> fabian
>>
> just yum install mod_perl should do the job.
>
> yum search mod_perl
>
> mod_perl.i386                            2.0.2-6.3.el5
> base
> Matched from:
> mod_perl
> Mod_perl incorporates a Perl interpreter into the Apache web server,
> so that the Apache web server can directly execute Perl code.
> Mod_perl links the Perl runtime library into the Apache web server and
> provides an object-oriented Perl interface for Apache's C language
> API.  The end result is a quicker CGI script turnaround process, since
> no external Perl interpreter has to be started.
>
> Install mod_perl if you're installing the Apache web server and you'd
> like for it to directly incorporate a Perl interpreter.

Thanks a lot for the imedite reply
apprecite
by the way when i say yum list mod_perl
it says

Installed Packages
mod_perl.i386                            2.0.2-6.3.el5          installed

so mod_perl is installed

but how do i know if apache is running with mod_perl

actually i need it since i wanna setup backuppc software

apprecite your help

regards
fabian

> --