[CentOS] is CentOS an LSB certified product?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jun 18 13:55:44 UTC 2008

Nicholas wrote:
> Herrold,
>
> I meant RH, in terms of the RHEL distro. I look forward to have centos
> gain the LSB, what is needed for the pass thru? is the main CentOS
> community interested?
>
> As for the rest, thank you for the sharing of info.
>
> The LSB should be concern to encourage developers to built stuff that
> can be used across distros. LSB should reduce problems of desktop users
> who have been finding difficulty in getting stuff like printer drivers
> and other paraphernalia. The more distros adopting LSB then more
> developers/manufacturers will be encouraged on the use of LSB.

Well .. I have run the latest testing scripts and CentOS-5.1 passes the
3.1 LSB for Core and Desktop.

It does not pass the 3.2 LSB tests yet (neither does RHEL-5).

I will work with Russ to see if I can get CentOS certified without
paying $20,000.00 a year to make it happen.

If we have to pay for this, well we can't be certified.

Note, only one version of Ubuntu (6.0.6 LTS) and no Debian or Fedora
versions are certified.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes