[CentOS] rpmfusion status?

Ross S. W. Walker RWalker at medallion.com
Wed Jun 18 14:16:34 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:

> Unless I've missed something (which is possible) there hasn't been any "public
> progress announcements" regarding rpmfusion in the past several weeks.
>
> Is there anything new to report?  My ulterior motive is that I would love to
> have the convenience of a one-stop rpm shop for Centos/RHEL and Fedora, and
> it's my understanding that's what rpmfusion is intended to be...

Not to start a repo flame war, but for CentOS/RHEL, the repo that aims to
be a one-stop rpm shop is EPEL. Of course it needs more contributors, but
it has already ported a significant amount of FC6's old 'extras' repo
over (FC6 <-> EL5).

I suspect that EL6 will be equivalent to F8 as F9 has just way too many
new technologies that will take 2 years or more to settle down to stable
technologies.

-Ross