[CentOS] Kernel/harware question

Thomas Dukes

tdukes at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 22:53:01 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have an IBM Netvista and since kernel 2.6.9-34.0.2, I have not been able
to upgrade to the latest kernel.  If I do, in about 8 hours, the system
becomes sluggish almost unresponsive.  Currently I am running 4.6 but with
the kernel mentioned above.

I think I may have figured out the problem.  It seems when I reboot with the
new kernel, kudzu runs and wants to configure a different driver for this
card, Intel Pro/100.  If it does, it will cause the problem I mentioned.  If
I don't let it update the driver, it seems to be fine.

So my question is how can I force it to use the driver from kernel
2.6.9-34.0.2?  Is it something I need to add to grub.conf??  If so, what?

TIA