[CentOS] Kernel/harware question

Thomas Dukes tdukes at sc.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 23:58:27 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of nate
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:17 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Kernel/harware question

Thomas Dukes wrote:

> So my question is how can I force it to use the driver from kernel
> 2.6.9-34.0.2?  Is it something I need to add to grub.conf??  If so, what?

You could disable kudzu if the driver config you have is what you want. I
always disable kudzu on my systems after they are installed as my hardware
changes are very rare, I can't remember the last time I used kudzu on a
server.

chkconfig --level 2345 kudzu off
/etc/init.d/kudzu stop

for me this happens automatically during kickstart.

nate

Thanks, Nate, didn't think of that.

Still, kind of curious why the newer kernels want to configure a different
driver.

Eddie