[CentOS] Kernel/harware question

Thomas Dukes tdukes at sc.rr.com
Thu Jun 19 00:13:43 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of nate
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:04 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: RE: [CentOS] Kernel/harware question

Thomas Dukes wrote:

> Still, kind of curious why the newer kernels want to configure a
> different driver.

What is the driver it uses on the working kernel vs the non working one?

I'd expect it to use the e100 driver, but maybe there is a newer driver with
a different name. Long ago there was the eepro100(?) driver, before Intel
started releasing their own drivers, I'm not sure if that driver is even
present anymore in the 2.6.x kernels(I used it in the 2.2.x days and maybe
2.0 I don't recall)

The driver config is usually in /etc/modprobe.conf

worst case run lsmod under each config to try to find the differences in
what driver is loading.

Nate

The working driver name is Intel Corporation 82801DB PRO/100 VE (LOM)
Ethernet Controller.  Can't remember what the newer, non-working driver name
was.

Just re-booted after disabling kuduzu.  Will know by morning if this was the
fix.

Thanks,

Eddie