[CentOS] failed dependencies during mplayer installation.

Thu Jun 19 19:09:08 UTC 2008

On 6/19/08, Gopinath Achari <gopinath at signal-networks.com> wrote:
> i am new to linux while installing mplayer
<snip>
> i am not knowing to which package thiss files belong to... please help
> me out i am using centos 5.1 ES

There are step_by_step instructions at the below URLs on how to
install MPlayer and other multimedia stuff. You should also install
Yum Priorities and any additional Repositories you will need and set a
Priority for each Repository. I have MPlayer running on an updated
(5.1) Desktop, without any problems. I use MPlayer to listen to a
radio station in Alaska on StreamAudio.com and I watched a video with
it, a couple of days ago.

<http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS>

<http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities>