[CentOS] What will the upgrade to 5.2 be like?

Thu Jun 19 20:08:36 UTC 2008

On 6/19/08, Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do distributions put in very old versions of Firefox - 1.5   when 2.0
> has been out for a year or more and 3.0 was just released.
><snip>
Rob: This distribution, is for the Enterprise (where the majority of
installations are on Servers) and the priorities are Stability and
Security and a Long Life, and not "the latest and greatest", that you
would find in Fedora Core or Ubuntu, 2 examples among many
distributions. The drawback here is that we are slow to get new stuff,
but that is intentional. Lucky here, that Upstream is including some
much newer stuff, in v.5.2! :-) Lanny