[CentOS] cannot unmount volume "xxx"

李晖

lihuihust at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 17:15:19 UTC 2008

Hi all:
    I am using Centos 5.1. But now I have a problem when unmount a removable
usb hard disk with right click and choose unmount volume command. When I did
that, system reminds me with a message like this:Cannot unmount volume
"xxx", Detail: Cannot remove directory, "xxx" represents a temporary
directory made when the system auto mount the disk in /media, and "xxx" is
simple-chinese. But in fact, the volume has been removed because there're no
files or folder in xxx.
    Because the file system type of the hard disk is NTFS, I install ntfs-3g
and add a script named "mount.ntfs" in /sbin, the content of the script is
#!/bin/sh
export LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8
exec /sbin/mount.ntfs-3g "$@"
    I googled this problem for many days and didn't find any way to solve
this problem. Maybe it is a bug. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
--
Sunny Lee