[CentOS] Rsync + crontab centos5.1

Anthony Kamau akcentos at anroet.com
Sun Jun 22 12:59:57 UTC 2008

This is what I added to the top of my /etc/crontab file to remind me what
goes where:
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# * * * * * 'command to be executed - preceed with a usersname (such as
root)
# | | | | | to run command as that user'
# | | | | |
# | | | | +----- day of week (0 - 6) (0 = Sunday)
# | | | +------- month (1 - 12)
# | | +--------- day of month (1 - 31)
# | +----------- hour (0 - 23)

# an asterix (*) in any field matches all values.
# To create a periodic event, use */n where n is the required period.
#   For instance, to run a command every 5 minutes, do the following
#     */5 * * * * 'command to be executed'

Hope it helps clean the issue of setting up a cron job.  As for rsync, maybe
I'll know better when I'm done setting up a cluster system which I'm in the
middle of.

Cheers,
AK.