[CentOS] is it possible to login to a switch via RS232 / serial port from the shell?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Jun 22 21:28:59 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have a problem switch in our data centre, which is connected to a
>> linux server via a serial cable. I know I can / could access the switch
>> from my Windows PC back at the office, using hyperterm, but trying to
>> access it using minicom just doesn't seem to work.
>>

> issues like this which are not related to CentOS should be marked with
> an [OT] tag in the subject line as a start....

I'm sorry, but I don't see the relevance. The switch is connected via
serial cable to a CentOS 5.1 x64 server, and I need to connect to it
from CentOS, but can't. Please explain to me how it's not related to CentOS?

The fact that I mentioned Windows, is purely to indicate that the serial
port works, and it can be connected to via serial cable.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com