[CentOS] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5.2 is here!

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jun 24 16:23:25 UTC 2008

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

>>> Think of it as a rebase with added kernel drivers, some newer features
>>> and so on, while still basically being CentOS 5.
>>>
>>> Or - if you come from the windows world - CentOS 5, service pack 2.

>> But does one actually get Windows XP SP3
>> simply by repeated "Windows Update"s?

> Windows XP service pack 3 was released recently, Windows NT 4 had 6
> service packs

There is probably a misunderstanding here.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 was a separate upgrade.
IIRC, it did not come as a standard update.
One was told SP3 was available, and how to get it.
But this is a minor point.

As I understand it, by simply continuing to say "yum update"
at regular intervals, my server will change itself from 5.1 to 5.2 .
It seems a bit like my age, which will automatically increase by 1
on Thursday.