[CentOS] centos 5.2 for real this time

Donald Buchan malak at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 15:31:10 UTC 2008

Just reread your message.

I was still having problems with the 2.0 centos version coming back even
though I'd removed it.

I tried Ross' suggesting, it removed things successfully (for both
2.0.whatever and 2.4.1.)  But the new 2.4.1 won't install because
"package jre-1.6.0_04-fcs is already installed".  Grrr.

I'm tempted to keep the 2.3 version that comes with the 5.2 upgrade, I
didn't notice any difference between 2.3 and 2.4, and I won't have to
constantly upgrade every time there's a "latest & greatest" OO.o ...
(Seems that's why I like CentOS to begin with!)