[CentOS] AM/FM tuner for centos 4 or 5?

Jason Pyeron jpyeron at pdinc.us
Tue Jun 24 16:13:53 UTC 2008

Ok.

> Griffin stopped selling the RS and now has RadioShark2.  I
> found a version of shark.c for it named shark2.c, so I don't
> think the hardware is backwards compatible, but there is an
> update version of the control program.  My notes are all on
> the dark machine, but IIRC this blog is was my jumping off
> point for what I figured out.
>
> http://javier.rodriguez.org.mx/index.php/2006/06/10/griffin-ra
dio-shark-icecast2-on-debian-gnulinux

> Obviously, since it is for Debian, you'll have to deal with
> the distro impedance mismatch in the instructions and adjust
> for CentOS.

Not afraid of that.

> Also, since it is USB, you can get nice separation between
> receiver and the computer.  The RadioShark has a lousy
> internal antenna but does have an antenna jack.  I only
> played with the FM tuner.  It does have an AM tuner but I
> have no idea how good it is.

In summary, should I risk the cost of a radio shark2 or ebay a radio shark?

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
have received it in error, purge the message from your system and
notify the sender immediately.  Any other use of the email by you
is prohibited.