[CentOS] Problem with evolution while upgrading to CentOS 5.2

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jun 24 19:25:11 UTC 2008

Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When trying to prepare a workstation with (so that the real "yum
> upgrade" doesn't have to download the packages)
>
> yum upgrade --upgradeonly
>
> it fails with these messages:
>

> Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12 is needed by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15 is needed by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2 is needed by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12()(64bit) is needed by package evolution
>

> On the test-machine I solved this by deinstalling evolution (I don't
> use it anyway), but this is not an option for the other
> machines
>
> Could anyone give me a hint what is wrong?

evolution should be upgraded as part of the upgrade ... but your seems
to want to keep the old version of evolution while trying to upgrade the
other packages that are listed.

This must be caused by something in your configuration that is removing
evolution from the update set.

This something can either be an exclude=evolution in your
CentOS-Base.repo file or some kind of misconfiguration of the priorities
or protectbase plugins.