[CentOS] Re: PHP 5.2 for CentOS 5.x

admin mick at mjhall.org
Wed Jun 25 08:41:07 UTC 2008

Agree with everything you're saying about bleeding edge distros.

Having written quite a bit of PHP, however, I think its fair to say that
most developers are fully aware that software is always evolving and
probably believe that you may as well write for the latest version
because before long it'll be mainstream anyway.

Occasionally there are real generational differences between versions.

I find the constant upgrade treadmill with things like CMSs (Drupal etc)
a real pain as well.