[CentOS] No plugin-directory for firefox in CentOS 5.2

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 25 16:49:22 UTC 2008

Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
>      KS>  Also, sitewide plugins are better in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
>      KS>  which comes from the xulrunner rpm.
>
> You're right. I wasn't aware of this directory. The funny thing
> is: the flash-plugin did a symbolic link to the .so there, but firefox
> doesn't recognize it (It also doesn't find the java-plugin that is
> installed there)

That might be a real bug, I wonder if you can try this on a clean VM
install or a real machine install and make sure that the plugins from
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins are really not seen by a fresh firefox-3
install ( I'd guess doing a useradd or a user with no ~/.mozilla would
also be suiteable to test this )

- KB