[CentOS] No plugin-directory for firefox in CentOS 5.2

Bernhard Gschaider bgschaid_lists at ice-sf.at
Wed Jun 25 18:02:33 UTC 2008

    KS> Bernhard Gschaider wrote: Also, sitewide plugins are better in
    KS> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ which comes from the xulrunner rpm.
    >> You're right. I wasn't aware of this directory. The funny thing
    >> is: the flash-plugin did a symbolic link to the .so there, but
    >> firefox doesn't recognize it (It also doesn't find the
    >> java-plugin that is installed there)

    KS> That might be a real bug, I wonder if you can try this on a
    KS> clean VM install or a real machine install and make sure that
    KS> the plugins from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins are really not seen
    KS> by a fresh firefox-3 install ( I'd guess doing a useradd or a
    KS> user with no ~/.mozilla would also be suiteable to test this )

OK. Sorry to have bothered you. It seems to be a problem of that
specific user (me). The others on the same machines see the
/usr/lib/mozilla-plugins without a problem.

I was using a "tar-installed to /opt" Firefox3 before. I guess it must
have fiddled around with some settings in ~/.mozilla (but obviously
not the fault of the RPMs)

Bernhard