[CentOS] To upgrade or not

Michael A. Peters

mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jun 25 19:02:08 UTC 2008

My laptop is a Thinkpad T20 running CentOS 5.1

The reason it is running CentOS at all is because Fedora Core 6 was
workable on it, but Fedora 8 was a complete dog.

Anyway - with all the new desktop stuff in CentOS 5.2 I'm wondering if I
would be happier just leaving it at 5.1 rather than letting it update to
5.2.

Will 5.1 continue to get security fixes if I leave it at 5.1 or do I
need to update to 5.2 to get the patches?

I'm planning to replace it at some point, just haven't seen T40s on eBay
drop to my price range yet.