[CentOS] Lots of Centos 5.2 updates already

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jun 26 11:46:58 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> John R Pierce wrote:
>>> I thought the 'updates' directory contained updates for everything
>>> from  5.0 forward ?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> updates/ gets emptied out on a new point release and then is rebased on
>> the os/ tree for the new release.
>>

> Right ... BUT, base + updates are all the latest RPMS in the release,
> so no one should think that is a problem.
So how can you do an install based on all the latest?

Can I create a /centos/install/i386 directory structure where I first
rsync over the /centos/os/i386, then the /centos/update/i386, and then
keep it current from both from the Centos mirrors?

I would guess I would have to run createrepo myself as neither the base
nor the update repodata would be right for the combined directory.  I
have quite a few installs to do still this week.  I had been holding off
on some builds, waiting for 5.2 to do them 'clean'.